Sunday, December 9, 2018

Webcomics

This week I looked a lot of different web comics, but the one that stood out to me was the Cyanide & Happiness webcomic. The comic is targeted for adults and has a lot of black comedy and satire. They are very short strips with few panels, limited color, and crude digital drawings of stick-figures.
While this comic is not something I would collect personally, it stood out to me. The story or craftsmanship wasn't particularly amazing, but it's popularity and long-term success is very notable. It was a comic I was very familiar with before this class. It is also very familiar to many friends/acquaintances who might not be "interested" in comics or art. I find this a very interesting idea. To create a comic which surpasses the media and is shared for it's entertainment value. For this reason, I'm very interested in webcomics as a medium. Many comics are moving towards online publishing, and I'm super excited to see the diverse and creative stories that will continued to be shared in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment